Halloween Fairy Garden
Using Halloween Pumpkin Decorations Around the Home – 7 Easy Tips
Halloween Fairy Garden. Halloween just wouldn’t be the same without Halloween pumpkins. The pumpkin became associated with Halloween back in the 19th century, although carved lanterns made from other vegetables (such as swedes and turnips) date back centuries. Today, most people use pumpkin decorations in some shape or form at Halloween, and you’re not limited to traditional jack-o-lanterns either. Here are seven easy ideas for creating Halloween decorations from pumpkins. Read also: Farmhouse Garden Ideas
1. Place the pumpkins in a group on your porch, to welcome your party guests. This works especially well if you use pumpkins of different sizes, with the smaller ones being placed on top of or around the larger.
2. Lighted jack-o-lanterns can be placed along your driveway or garden path, and look great at night. They can be illuminated with traditional candles or (for a safer and more reliable option) with battery-operated lights.
3. Use a large carved or painted pumpkin as a centrepiece for your table. This provides the perfect setting for your Halloween dinner, especially if you eat by candlelight. Read about: Garden Art Ideas
4. If you don’t want to carve your own pumpkin, you can buy plastic pumpkin lights that make an effective alternative. These are often mounted on stakes, so they can be secured on the lawn.
5. Not all pumpkins are large in size – try picking up some strings of pumpkin ‘fairy lights’, and placing them in your trees, bushes, or around the windows (make sure they’re suitable for outdoor use if using them in the yard).
6. Gather together lots of small sized pumpkins, and either paint them or embellish them with craft items such as ribbons, sequins etc, and place them in a large bowl. This can be used as an alternative centrepiece in place of a large carved pumpkin. Read also: Scarecrow Ideas
7. Get a pumpkin-shaped bowl or bucket (these are available from stores that sell Halloween supplies, as well as online), and fill it up with Halloween candies or other Halloween-themed treats.
As you can see, there are lots of ways to make use of pumpkins – both real and man-made – to create that perfect Halloween ambiance for your home!
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/4832805